Are you getting the most out of your current lessons?
Some thoughts on your current lessons/teacher:
Not all teachers are the same, just as the objectives of each individual student are not the same. I’d like to talk about some of the things WE do, that perhaps other schools do not. I usually ask these types of questions.
- Does your teacher cater to your needs?
- Has your teacher discusses where your strengths and weaknesses are, and the BEST way to address both?
- Do you have a practice routine?
- Do you keep a journal of your progress?
- Have you/are you performing in recitals?
- Does the approach of your teacher change as your skills and goals evolve?
- Are you having fun?????
- Do you have a set of goals, and is there an outline on how to reach them?
- Are you reaching your goals?
These are not questions related to “technique” or pedagogy. They are basically personal questions. For some people, they are getting exactly what they want, and that is awesome. For others, they want more. They feel like they aren’t reaching their expectations fast enough, and need a teacher who will help them get there faster.
Check out our lesson plans to find something that fits your needs!