How Lessons Work:
Looking for music lessons? Stop your search and read on!
- Do you try to practice and find that no matter how much effort you put in, you’re still not reaching your goals?
- Do you feel like when you solo, you’re always ripping out the same licks you always do?
- Have you tried taking lessons before, and felt as though you weren’t making progess as fast as you’d like?
- Do you learn new material, only to find that over time your improvements don’t “stick”?
- Are you searching youtube, forums, and other sites, trying to find relevant material that helps you reach your goals?
- Do you have a vision of how you see yourself, and don’t know how to get there?
We all have had these problems! It’s ok! I can certainly remember for myself, many years ago, struggling with my teacher at the time, whose lesson plan was dictated by what I brought with me, not the other way around! Many of my goals were never addressed, and I felt as though much of what I wanted to learn was simply not attainable. I wanted to improve my ability to sightread, as I had started to have increased interest in what Jazz had to offer, and my teacher was not a highly skilled sightreader. Another skill I held in high regard was to be able to improvise freely in varous musical contexts (rock, metal, jazz). As this point, I didn’t know it, but teacher I had at the time was holding me back from reaching these goals as fast as possible.
Do Your Current Lessons Fit Into Any Of These Categories?
- They don’t know anything about you personally (who you are!), and never ask any questions related.
- They have little or no qualifications! No degree, no experience, no performance/recording credits, no results!
- They do not motivate you reach higher levels of mastery?
- They can not help mentor you, either due to inexperience, or lack expertise?
- Are you trying to teach yourself?
- Without proper feedback and guidance from an experienced teacher, you are only slowing yourself down. Here are a few examples of problems that happen with trying to go on your own.
- You may not understand your own strenthgs and weaknesses
- Self taught players tend to only focus on the strengths they have.
- Experience in deveopling a practice strategy, and how to measure success
- How to practice effecively
- Although the internet is ripe with information, not all of it is good information.
- Wasting tons of time searching the internet, instead of leveraging your time playing and practicing!
- How much better would you be if you had a teacher who took the time to understand your needs, and help you feel confident that you could reach your goals?
What Makes Us Different?
Each student is an individual. Their needs are different, and their goals are different. Our lesson structure is uniquely customized for you. Together we work on what you want to be, what you struggle with, your current experience, and your biggest frustrations. Our goal is to transform your weaknesses into strenghts, and makes your strengths super strengths!
We offer an assessment lesson for new students, this is great way to meet your teacher, ask questions, and get to know one another. Online assessments are totally stress free! We want to know who you are, what your goals are, the obstacles you’ve hit along the way, and your experience. With that, we can start to map out a picture of where you are in your playing, and what you need to do to improve the fastest! After our initial assessment, you will get a detailed layout of our conversation, and we will recommend how to get started with lessons. Because each student is different, each layout and lesson plan is customized. Email us or call if you have any questions!
What You Get From Our Lessons:
- personalized practice routines
- transcribed songs/solos
- backing tracks to practice to
- Exercise material
- Feedback from your teacher (face to face, online, phone, or email)
- Guidance to maximize your success and avoid frustration
- Your lesson materials are emailed to your directly and are always accessible.
- Print them out, store them somewhere, keep them on your computer for easy accessibiliy.
Scheduling lessons could not be easier. All you have to do is sign up! Once you are logged in, there will be a calendar showing available times for booking. Book a time slot, confirm and you’re ready to go. Our booking structure is very flexable, giving you the power to choose when you want your lessons!
What is most important is you getting positive results with your lessons! We coach students with many different learning styles to become confident in their skills! Our teachers train you to maximize your abilities and go farther than you thought possible! We provide guidance on which steps to take and the ones to avoid.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
Do you only teach online lessons?
- We also teach face to face, one on one, and group workshops. Contact us for more info.
I only want to take lessons once a month? Are your lessons for me?
- Yes! Take an assessment with us and we will design a plan for your availability.
How much do your lessons cost?
- Head over to our lesson plan page for more info.
I need a lot of guidance with my lessons, how much feedback will I get?
- Feedback is crutial in your development! During lessons you will get feedback on your playing, as well as materials suited to your needs. Emailing and asking questions is never frowned upon!
I don’t want to be a pro, but I’d like to be able to hold my own, are your lessons for me?
- Yes! Email us and tell us your needs, we wanna know!
What do I have to do after a lesson?
- Your teacher will outline a practice routine for you. This will be based on many factors, time being the biggest one. Follow the routine, and keep in contact with your teacher when you have questions.
Can I study songwriting and improvisation?
- Yes! When booking a lesson we will talk about how to work on a strategy to improve both skills. Many people study multiple disipilnes.
How old do I have to be to take lessons?
- For face to face lessons, guitar and piano lessons students can start as young as 7 years old. For online lessons, the student should be in their teens. You are not too old to get started!
How do I know my current skill level? I don’t know if I need beginner lessons, or advanced?
- Take an assessment lesson online! Together we can map out exactly where you are in your playing, and how to make it even better.
If I’ve never taken lessons before, can I study online?
- Face to face would be the ideal, at least for the first year. You can always transition to online lessons after a solid foundation is built.